That's what she said
Saturday, April 24, 2004
im in a bad mood!!!
just when my love life is going all fine and dandy
of course, that's notwithstanding the fact that akelle's in exile in Nueva Ecija. But my point is, there's an akelle already. Okay, back to what i was talking about earlier. Just when i had more or less no trouble regarding love, my friends do.
jerry, by now my advice will already be meaningless to you. what with all the bad things we've gotten in to through my suggestion. pero huling hirit ko: i don't think you love
her. sa tingin ko iniisip mo lang, "ay sayang, pwede pa lang merong nangyari. sayang talaga"
. again the usual dilemma of true love or the love of feeling loved. get me?
you prolly dont. which is not a big loss really. cause i've noticed a pattern in the advise i give. the happier i get, the more i suck. because maybe
subconsciously, i'm too happy to care. i'm too happy to care if you're happy as well. i'm too happy to care, because i'm in love and you're not,
oh boy, that sounded soooo mean. more than the usual pat the bitch monologues.
okay, i take it back. or maybe half of it lang
Wednesday, April 21, 2004
i will drop my walking class for the simple reasons that 1. i'm getting cramps every other day and 2. i have my internship in the morning and going to makati, sweaty is not really an appealing thought.
i miss akelle so much. i'm posting a list i got from lin's blog re: akelle, the perfect guy. :D
26 or so things that a perfect guy would do for you:
1. Knows how to make you smile when you are down.
2. Tries to secretly smell your hair, but you always notice.
3. Sticks up for you, but still respects your independence.
4. Gives you the remote control during the game.
5. Comes up behind you and puts his arms around you.
6. Plays with your hair.
7. His hands always find yours.
8. Be cute when he really wants something.
9. Offers you plenty of massages.
10. Dances with you, even if he feels like a dork.
11. Never runs out of love.
12. Be funny, but knows how to be serious.
13. Realizes he's being funny when he needs to be serious.
14. Be patient when you take forever to get ready.
15. Reacts so cutely when you hit him and it actually hurts.
16. Smiles a lot.
17. Plans a romantic date full of cheesy things he wouldn't normally like to do, just because he knows it means a lot to you.
18. Appreciates you.
19. Helps others out.
20. Drive 5 hours just to see you for 1.
21. Always gives you a peck on the cheek when you depart from each others company, even when his friends are watching.
22. Sings, even if he can't.
23. Has a creative sense of humor.
24. Stares at you.
25. Calls for no reason.
26. Quits smoking, chewing, drinking, or drugs - just because he loves you that much to quit it.
aww.... i miss all of these... akelle, uwi na baby?
Tuesday, April 20, 2004
Despite having no time (and sufficient html knowledge) to fix the glitches in my blog, people have still recognized the new and v. pretty layout. thanks guys. i promise to make my own in a month's time, or until the summer classes end.
i have a very tiring schedule this term, and i'll never stop ranting about it. i have (brisk) walking at 7- 820 am, anthro 118 (prehistory of the philippines) at 9- 11, and my internship at cmfr during the afternoons. i usually get home at 8 om, which makes me out of the house for more than 12 hours. don't you sense the agony in my tone?
and akelle left for nueva ecija last friday. this makes me all the more lonely. every time my mind wanders for just a bit, i think of him, and i almost cry. i guess it's okay then for me to have such a tight schedule. If i had the summer off. i might have gone crazy days ago!
he texted me two days ago, pinag ani daw sila ng palay! i forget the term that he used, but it was more hilarious. my akelle? harvesting rice? aww... but i'm also worried for his health. he might not be eating right. there might be dengue infested mosquitoes. he might get malaria... i pray to God that he doesn't.
on a lighter note... i am enjoying my internship very much. mainly because the people im working with are familiar faces. jaycee, cleng, julie (who just joined us today), almi et al are there. cleng and julie are doing discourse analysis yet again, almi and jaycee are doing projects.
i on the other hand, along with jeng and venus (blockmates nila) am doing three things.
1. discourse analysis for the manila bulletin weekend editions, which ate evelyn tells us is a big thing. i overheard her saying that she picked the three of us because we had the most comprehensive resumes. anyway, enough of the ego boosting.
2, comparative analysis of the period reports. jeng, venus and i are helping upperclassmen sef and jeff do a comparative analysis of the reports sir arao has been making. and because i always feel important, im going to say that this is a very serious job since we have to analyze graphs and note changes and contextualize all the facts in order to come up with a comprehensive yet understandable summary of the project.
3. and the finale- jeng, venus and i have been asked to write for the Philippine Journalism Review. Wow! This is one of my dreams. Our article will be about survey groups around the world, how they conduct surveys and what differences their practices have with those of the pollsters here in the Philippines. Obviously, i'm very excited. WHat, with me ceasing to be just the "perceptive" little girl wowing over the PJR, and becoming one of its writers. Kahit co author lang ng isang article, masaya na rin!
I really miss my akelle. okay, so i'm sorry that i'm getting sappy yet again. but man, six weeks? six weeks apart?! are you serious?! the longest separation we've had is three days! this is torture!! BUT. He'll be going home on May 10 (apparently to be able to vote), so we'll see each other after 20 days. I miss him so much!
i just learned that Sir Luis Teodoro is virtually my neighbor!!! he lives just five minutes away from me, three villages away from our house. And the stalking adventure continues...
Til next time! Topic for tomorrow is: How totally nerve wracking and tiresome WALKING as a PE subject is. Should serve as a fair warning to all others.
Sunday, April 11, 2004
wow. an update.
im back from camarines norte, tanned, but not quite. i was there for three nights and three days with my rowdy extended family. during which i tricked all my younger cousins into losing in pusoy dos. it was actually a good experience because for three days straight, i did not worry about, nor compute for my gwa. now that's something previously unheard of.
the beach looked fantastic from afar. cant say that it was actually good though. im really picky kasi
any sign of seaweed and im out of there. there were minimal seaweed, but man, there were scary remnants of sacks and plastic bags.
hindi madumi, far from it, picky lang talaga ako. of all the beaches ive been to, pagudpud, home of myrtle calvan, is the only one that manages to pass my standards. i mean, shells all around, crystal clear water, almost white sand. ganda.
but back to camarines norte
im not sure if the place was worth the 8 hour trip. shet. ang layo. my blood almost dried up during the drive. we passed through either long, boring stretches of road or "bituka" as people call it, twisted road along a mountain range. but as everyone i know probably knows, i needed a vacation.
because, ive been alternately bitchy and pathetic, and beyond my regular dose of bitc- ness and pathetic- ness. manic depressive yet again, and tired because of that.
ojt starts this week. akelle leaves this week as well. wow. another thing to be sentimental over.